The Many Ghosts of Doctor Graves  was an American supernatural – anthology comic book published by Charlton Comics , often featuring stories by writer-artist Steve Ditko . The eponymous Dr. MT Graves was a fictional character who hosted the stories in each issue of this title.
Sister titles, with many of the same creators, particularly Ditko, were the anthton Ghost Manor anthologies (with host Mr. Bones) and his successor, Ghostly Haunts (with Winnie the Witch); Ghostly Tales (with Mr. Dedd); and Haunted (with Impy and then Baron Weirwulf).
The series won the 1967 Alley Award for Best Fantasy / SF / Supernatural Title.
Following his introduction as Dr. MT Graves in Charlton’s Comics ‘ Ghostly Tales # 55 ( cover-dated May 1966) in the three-page story “The Ghost Fighter” by writer-artist Ernie Bache ,  the character went on to host his own anthology title, The Many Ghosts of Doctor Graves . The series ran 72 issues (May 1967 – May 1982), mostly published bimonthly. Following issue # 60 (Jan. 1977), the title went on hiatus for seven months until issue # 61 (Aug. 1977) before being canceled with # 65 (May 1978). Charlton revived the title three years later with # 66 (May 1981) 
Three additional issues simply reprinted, and titled simply Dr. Graves , were published as issues # 73-75 (Sept. 1985 – Jan. 1986). 
Among the artists whose work was Steve Ditko , following his fall-out with Marvel Comics ; newcomer Jim Aparo , later to be one of Batman ‘s signature artists; regular Charlton talents including Vince Alascia , Pat Boyette , Pete Morisi , Rocke Mastroserio , and Charles Nicholas ; and such others as Rich Larson , Don Newton and Tom Sutton . The cover of issue # 54 (Dec. 1975) marks one of the earliest professional works of John Byrne .
Writers on the title included Ditko, Steve Skeates , Mike Pellowski , and the prolific, uncredited staff writer Joe Gill . 
The Many Ghosts of Doctor Graves won the 1967 Alley Award for Best Fantasy / SF / Supernatural Title. 
- Jump up^ Thoughcopyrightedas The Many Ghosts of Dr. Graves per MOST from postal indicia, le titre est Generally listed in reference sources with “Doctor” spelled out, as per ictstrademarkedcover logo.
- Jump up^ Ghostly Tales # 55 (May 1966)at theGrand Comics Database
- ^ Jump up to: a b Many Ghosts of Dr. Graves, The at the Grand Comics Database
- Jump up^ Dr. Graves at the Grand Comics Database
- Jump up^ Hahn, Joel, ed. “1967 Alley Awards” . Comic Book Awards Almanac . Retrieved January 3, 2015 .