The Damned is a horror – black American comic book created by Cullen Bunn and Brian Hurtt , and published by Oni Press .
The first miniseries , Three Dead Days , ran from October 2006 to February 2007. There was also a six-page issue # 0 published in October 2006.
A second miniseries followed in 2008, the three-issue Prodigal Sons . 
The original five-issue miniseries was later republished in color in 2017, just before the launch of the Damned as an ongoing series. 
|Story Arc||outcome||Release Date||Writer||artist||colorist|
|Three Days Earlier …||# 0||October, 2006||Cullen Bunn||Brian Hurtt||–|
|Three Days Dead||# 1||October, 2006||Bill Crabtree
|# 2||November, 2006|
|# 3||December, 2006|
|# 4||January, 2007|
|# 5||February, 2007|
|Prodigal Sounds||# 1||April, 2008||Cullen Bunn||Brian Hurtt||N / A|
|# 2||May, 2008|
|# 3||August, 2008|
|Ongoing series (2017)|
|Ill-Gotten||# 1||May 3, 2017||Cullen Bunn||Brian Hurtt||Bill Crabtree|
|# 2||June 14, 2017|
|# 3||July 12, 2017|
|# 4||September 13, 2017|
|# 5||October 11, 2017|
|Prodigal Sounds||# 6 ||December 13, 2017||Cullen Bunn||Brian Hurtt||Bill Crabtree|
|# 7||January 10, 2018|
|Daughter’s Dance||# 9 ||Cullen Bunn||Brian Hurtt||Bill Crabtree|
The story revolves around a cursed man named Eddie and his demonic curse-to return from the dead over and over again. The curse is always at the expense of whomever happens to Eddie while he’s dead. The injuries that killed Eddie are transferred, and Eddie is resurrected while the person touched him dies. The Damned is set in a prohibition era and involves demonic gang bosses and their families / gangs of demons. While there is a supernatural element to their crimes (such as trafficking in souls), they are most commonly shown committing the usual crimes of prohibition-era gangsters.
Three Days Dead
The Aligheri and Roarke crime families are coming to a “mutually beneficial” agreement, but when a moderating demon is called to make arrangements for the truce, someone kidnaps him. Eddie is hired by gang boss Alphonse Aligheri to find out what happened to the missing arbiter .
The first miniseries has been collected into a paperback twice, then later in color in 2017.
|Volume||title||Release Date||Material collected||Extras||ISBN|
|1||Three Days Dead||May, 2007||# 1-5||
|March 8, 2017||# 1-5||
Both miniseries have been released in English by Akileos :
- Volume 1: Death for three days (146 pages, April 2008, ISBN 978-2355740039 )
- Volume 2: The Prodigal Sons (100 pages, March, 2009, ISBN 978-2355740381 )
DreamWorks optioned The Damned for a film in 2008, to be written by David DiGilio . 
It was in August 2011 annoncé That Showtime HAD Bought the rights to the comic book adapted into a television series , with David Hayter being white Brought in to write it. 
- Jump up^ Manning, Shaun (May 15, 2008). “I’ll Be” The Damned “- Cullen Bunn talks” Prodigal Sounds ” ” . Comic Book Resources . Retrieved August 25, 2011 .
- Jump up^ Dueben, Alex. “Sixth Gun Team Crafts at Supernatural Black World in The Damned” . Comic Book Resources . Retrieved February 16, 2017 .
- Jump up^ Burlingame, Russ. “The Damned Interview: Cullen Bunn and Brian Hurtt” . Comic Book . Retrieved March 6, 2017 .
- Jump up^ “Alternative Comics Interviews: Cullen Bunn and Brian Hurtt” . Alternative Comics . Retrieved May 27, 2017 .
- Jump up^ Siegel, Tatiana (April 13, 2008). “DiGilio scripting ‘Damned ‘ ” . Variety . Retrieved August 25, 2011 .
- Jump up^ Andreeva, Nellie (August 24, 2011). “Showtime Developing Drama Series Based On Comic Book ‘The Damned ‘ ” . Deadline.com . Retrieved August 25, 2011 .
- The Damned at the Grand Comics Database
- The Damned at the DB Comic Book
- The Damned: Prodigal Sounds at the Comic Book DB