Gravel is the name Given to a series of limited and Ongoing series by Warren Ellis , illustrated by Mike Wolfer and published by Avatar Press .
A number of different limited series have been published under the Strange Killings banner, all of which is centered on William Gravel. Most recently these series were republished under the Gravel name, followed by the launch of a new series, Gravel .
Gravel initially appeared in the Strange Kiss series, which was followed by Stranger Kisses . The third series was titled Strange Killings , which remains the name for the future limited series, until the latest ongoing series called Gravel .  With Gravel , Wolfer became the co-author with Raulo Cáceres joining as a “revolving team” of artists. 
The series has been collected in their own books but is also a limited edition.
- Gravel: Never A Dull Day (576 pages, August 2008, ISBN 1-59291-050-5 ) Collects:
- Strange Kiss (3-issue mini-series, 1999, ppb, 72 pages, 2001, ISBN 0-9706784-0-1 )
- Stranger Kisses (3-issue mini-series, 2001, tpb, 72 pages, 2001, ISBN 0-9706784-4-4 )
- Strange Killings (3-issue mini-series, 2002, tpb, 72 pages, 2003, ISBN 1-59291-000-9 )
- Strange Killings: Body Orchard (6-issue mini-series, 2002-2003, tpb, 144 pages, 2003, ISBN 1-59291-013-0 )
- Strange Killings: Strong Medicine (3-issue mini-series, 2003, tpb, 72 pages, 2004, ISBN 1-59291-024-6 )
- Strange Killings: Necromancer (6-issue mini-series, 2004, tpb, 144 pages, 2006, ISBN 1-59291-033-5 )
- Gravel (December 2007-2010, 21 issues) collected as:
- Volume 1: Bloody Liars ( Gravel Collects # 0-7, 192 pages, softcover, March 2009, ISBN 1-59291-069-6 , hardcover, May 2009, ISBN 1-59291-070-X )
- Volume 2: The Major Seven ( Gravel Collects # 8-14, 176 pages, December 2009, softcover, ISBN 1-59291-081-5 , hardcover, ISBN 1-59291-082-3
- Volume 3: The Last King Of England ( Gravel Collects # 15-21, 176 pages, February 2011, softcover, ISBN 1-59291-081-5 , hardcover, ISBN 1-59291-082-3
- Gravel: Combat Magician (4-issue mini-series, 2013-2014)
A film adaptation was planned by Legendary Pictures , with Rick Alexander penciled in as producer and Warren Ellis writing the first draft as well as being executive producer.  Mike Wolfer was interviewed at NY Comic Con in 2010 and said his preferred actor would be Daniel Craig .  In early 2012 it was announced that Tim Miller would be directing the film while Oliver Butcher and Stephen Cornwell had been brought to work on the script.  As of June 2015, no further development on the film has been announced.
- Jump up^ The Minor Seven: Ellis & Wolfer talk “Gravel”,Comic Book Resources, 13 November 2007
- Jump up^ GRAVEL artist Raulo Caceres talks about Ellis, Wolfer, and their upcoming series with Avatar, Avatar Press
- Jump up^ Graser, Mark (8 October 2009). “Legendary digs ‘Gravel ‘ ” . Variety . Retrieved 10 October 2009 .
- Jump up^ Dowd, Tim (Oct 13, 2010). “NY Comic Con 2010: Mike Wolfer Interview on Gravel” . www.bleedingcool.com . Retrieved 17 December 2013 .
- Jump up^ Fleming, Mike (15 March 2012). “VFX Wiz Tim Miller Digs in to Helm ‘Gravel’ For Legendary Pictures” . Deadline.com . Retrieved 27 March 2012 .
- William Gravel at the DB Comic Book
- Strange Kiss at the Comic Book DB
- Stranger Kisses at the Comic Book DB
- Strange Killings at the DB Comic Book
- Strange Killings: Orchard Body at the Comic Book DB
- Strange Killings: Strong Medicine at DB Comic Book
- Strange Killings: Necromancer at the DB Comic Book
- Gravel at the DB Comic Book