“Curse of the Mutants” is a comic book storyline That ran in books published by American company Marvel Comics from July 2010 to May 2011. The arc centers were human bomb exploding in San Francisco ‘s Union Square , covering Dozens (Including Jubilee ) in vampire-converting blood. It becomes the mission of the X-Men to track down Dracula’sXarus sound, now ‘Lord of the Vampires’, even if that means enlisting vampire-hunter Blade .
The main writer of the storyline is Victor Gischler , Who wrote the Death of Dracula one-shot qui started the storyline    as well as the new Ongoing series X-Men (vol. 3), qui forms the main part of the storyline. 
There is also a 4-issue mini-series that links with “Curse of the Mutants”, Namor the First Mutant by Stuart Moore ,  and 2-issue mini-series X-Men Vs. Vampires by various creators and a number of one-shots: Blade by Duane Swierczynski ,  Storm and Gambit by Chuck Kim  and Smoke and Blood by Simon Spurrier .
A 4-issue mini-series by Kathryn Immonen and Phil Noto that ties into the storyline, called Wolverine and Jubilee: Cursed ,  started in January 2011.
The story begins with Dracula at a vampire summit. His Xarus plans to overthrow him due to his “bad leadership”. Xarus had met with the leaders of each vampire clan and makes a deal that unites the Claw Sect (a clan of vampire warriors), the Charniputra Sect (a clan of gargoyle -like vampires), the Mystikos Sect (a clan of business vampires) , the Nosferatu Sect (who are similar to Count Orlok ), the Krieger Sect (a clan of Western vampires), the Atlantean Sect vampires (a race / clan of aquatic vampires That resembles the gill-manfrom the movie Creature from the Black Lagoon ), Moksha Sect (a clan of vampire seers) and SirenSect (a clan of vampire seductresses). Xarus and his allies stake Dracula, enabling Xarus to assume leadership over the vampires. Xarus’ allies in the Mystikos Sect managed to invent a special device that can block the frequencies of light that are harmful to Vampires. Xarus decides to use this device to create a new, dominant place in the world for vampires. Upon attacking the fortress of the Krieger Sect Vampires, Xarus’ allies eliminate the clan’s elder leadership. He has the Claw Sect not declare itself for him, so it can be backed by any desire to be traitors seeking an alliance – like his brother Janus Tepesand the peaceful Anchorite Sect. Following an attempted betrayal from the Siren Sect, Xarus foolishly allows its leader Alyssa to live and keep serving him. Alyssa secretly slips one of the light-deflecting pendants to Janus which allows him to escape after the Claw Sect betray him to Xarus. While wearing a light-deflecting during Xarus declares himself Lord of the Vampires in front of his vampire army. 
Cyclops sends Pixie out to check up on Jubilee . The two girls are enjoying themselves at an outdoor cafe, where a man sizzles and explodes in the Sun. Blood and parts of the man’s body cover Jubilee. After testing her blood, it was determined that Jubilee was infected during the explosion by a manufactured virus. That night, the other people infected by the virus during the explosion respond to the call of the vampires. However, the vampires are disappointed that Jubilee (whom they appear to be waiting for specifically) is not there. The X-Men quickly determine they are dealing with vampires. 
Blade arrives in San Francisco to assist the X-Men in capturing a vampire specimen for the X-Club. He confirms Dracula’s death and reveals that his Xarus is the new Lord of vampires, having united many vampire clans together. He immediately objects to Cyclops’ plan to resurrect Dracula. Much later while the X-Men gather to discuss the death of Dracula and learn who the new Lord of Vampires is, Dr. Kavita Rao is seen checking on Jubilee only to be attacked. Jubilee leaves Utopia to see Xarus, who bites her. It’s also revealed that Xarus only wants Jubilee so the X-Men can come to the rescue and fall into a trap … especially Wolverine. 
While underwater, Namor has an encounter with a race of Atlantean vampires and is tasked with retrieving the head of Dracula.  Dracula from the vampires Storm and Gambit .  Blade later has an encounter with Xarus, who tells Blade his plans to take over San Francisco. 
While attempting to free Jubilee, Wolverine is bitten by her. At the same time, the X-Men resurrect Dracula who declines to help them and says that he will deal with this himself. 
As X-Club members Madison Jeffries , Kavita Rao, and Doctor Nemesis work on a cure for vampirism, their test subject escapes and the lab goes into lockdown. 
Upon Wolverine being added to the ranks of Xarus ‘Army, the X-Men prepare to fight Xarus’ vampire armies. 
The Vampire Nation has gathered its forces for an assault on Utopia. Cyclops has prepared his defenses for this attack: X-Men for combat, while the other remains inside the compound; Archangel has prepped himself for air defense; and Iceman is having his very body injured by a priest, in an attempt to make it holy. The battle then begins, as the vampires attempt to press Utopia, through land, air and sea. The ground and air forces stop, as Wolverine lands down and plows through his train comrades. Cyclops then presses the button on a remote Doctor Nemesis gave him, causes Wolverine to rear down in bread. It’s revealed that before Wolverine went out on his hunt for Jubilee, he had his blood taken to see if his healing factor could counteract vampirism. But unknown to him, Nemesis has injected him with nanobots to shut down his healing factor. Back to his normal self, Wolverine turns on the vampires, has the X-Men and Atlanteans push them out. Wolverine then warns Xarus over the video that he’ll be coming for him. Unfazed, Xarus orders a second wave be sent in. However, it helps inform them that they feel in their own minds. But Xarus would not have, it’s going to be a Utopia today, it’s a booster over Wolverine’s bones and Drink Cyclops’ blood. Just then, Dracula walks in, reasserting himself as Lord of the Vampire. He grants to the other vampire sects for betraying him, all except Xarus. With the sudden return of his father Dracula, Xarus tries ordering his minions to help him, but receives no support. While the X-Men storm his lair, Xarus decides to deal with his father himself. But this time, Dracula is more careful and repays the favor by ripping Xarus’ head off. It is then that the X-Men enter. Cyclops wants nothing to do with the Vampire Nation, Blade does not see eye-to-eye with him and charges at Dracula, only to be knocked unconscious with an optic blast. Cyclops then reminds Dracula of their previous, unspoken agreement. However, the Lord of Vampires muses that if he’s successful in uniting the vampire, he may finish what he started: conquer Utopia. Cyclops reminds him that before they reunited his head with his body, X-Club was studying it, meaning that it has a trick up its sleeve. After a short stare down, Dracula calls Cyclops’ bluff, but nonetheless, decides to end hostilities with mutants. He even gives Jubilee back to them. Back at Utopia, Jubilee is in isolation. Blade believes that the only solution is to put her out of her misery. Wolverine warns him, the vampire hunter to leave. While watching it on the monitor, Cyclops and Emma wonder if Jubilee can be cured. prompting the vampire hunter to leave. While watching it on the monitor, Cyclops and Emma wonder if Jubilee can be cured. prompting the vampire hunter to leave. While watching it on the monitor, Cyclops and Emma wonder if Jubilee can be cured. 
- X-Men: Curse of the Mutants Saga
- Death of Dracula # 1 “Curse of the Mutants” prologue
- X-Men # 1 “Curse of the Mutants” Chapter 1
- X-Men # 2 “Curse of the Mutants” Chapter 2
- Namor the First Mutant # 1 “Curse of the Mutants” Tie-in
- X-Men: Curse of the Mutants – Blade # 1 “Curse of the Mutants” Tie-in
- X-Men: Curse of the Mutants – Storm and Gambit # 1 “Curse of the Mutants” Tie-in
- X-Men # 3 “Curse of the Mutants” Chapter 3
- X-Men: Curse of the Mutants – X-Men Vs. Vampires # 1 “Curse of the Mutants” Tie-in
- X-Men: Curse of the Mutants – Smoke and Blood # 1 “Curse of the Mutants” Tie-in
- Namor the First Mutant # 2 “Curse of the Mutants” Tie-in
- X-Men: Curse of the Mutants – X-Men Vs. Vampires # 2 “Curse of the Mutants” Tie-in
- Namor the First Mutant # 3 “Curse of the Mutants” Tie-in
- X-Men # 4 “Curse of the Mutants” Chapter 4
- X-Men # 5 “Curse of the Mutants” Chapter 5
- X-Men: Curse Of The Mutants: Spotlight # 1
- Namor the First Mutant # 4 “Curse of the Mutants” Tie-in
- X-Men # 6 “Curse of the Mutants” Chapter 6
- Deadpool # 30 “Curse Of The Mutants”
- Deadpool # 31 “Curse Of The Mutants”
- X-Men # 11 “Curse of the Mutants” Blood Hunt
In Curse of the Mutants , one of the vampires comments on Rogue saying that she is a dead ringer for the chick who plays Sookie . This quote is In Particular reference has to not only HBO ‘s True Blood goal aussi a nod to Anna Paquin (Rogue of Both the actress and Sookie).
|title||Material Collected||ISBN||Publication Date|
|X-Men: Curse of the Mutants||X-Men # 1-6, X-Men: Curse of the Mutants Saga + X-Men: Curse of the Spotlight Mutants||ISBN 0-7851-4846-9||February 16, 2011|
| X-Men, Curse of Mutants:
Mutants Vs. Vampires
|Storm & Gambit # 1, Smoke and Blood # 1, Blade # 1 + X-Men Vs. Vampires # 1-2||ISBN 0-7851-5294-6||February 23, 2011|
| Namor: The First Mutant – Volume 1:
Curse of the Mutants
|Namor: The First Mutant # 1-5||ISBN 0-7851-5174-5||February 23, 2011|
- List of events of the Marvel Universe
- Jump up^ Nomad (May 6, 2010). “The X-Men Get All Fanged Up in Curse of the Mutants” . DreadCentral .
- Jump up^ “Victor Gischler talks DEATH OF DRACULA and X-MEN” . Comic Monsters. May 12, 2010 . Retrieved May 26, 2010 .
- Jump up^ Richards, Dave (May 19, 2010). “Victor Gischler Plots” The Death of Dracula ” ” . Comic Book Resources . Retrieved May 26, 2010 .
- Jump up^ Richards, Dave (April 19, 2010). “C2E2: Victor Gischler Talks X-Men” . Comic Book Resources . Retrieved August 1, 2010 .
- Jump up^ Richards, Dave (June 7, 2010). “Moore Pits Namor Against Vampires of the Deep” . Comic Book Resources . Retrieved November 9, 2010 .
- Jump up^ Manning, Shaun (July 22, 2010). “X-POSITION: Duane Swierczynski”. Comic Book Resources . Retrieved November 9, 2010 .
- Jump up^ Stevens, Tim (July 29, 2010). “Storm & Gambit: Partners in Crime” . Marvel.com . Retrieved November 9, 2010 .
- Jump up^ Richards, Dave (October 9, 2010). “NYCC: Immonen Gets Bloodthirsty With” Wolverine & Jubilee ” ” . Comic Book Resources . Retrieved November 9, 2010 .
- Jump up^ Death of Dracula one-shot
- Jump up^ X-Men Vol. 3 # 1
- Jump up^ X-Men Vol. 3 # 2
- Jump up^ Namor: The First Mutant # 1
- Jump up^ X-Men: Curse of the Mutants – Storm and Gambit # 1
- Jump up^ X-Men: Curse of the Mutants – Blade # 1
- Jump up^ X-Men Vol. 3 # 3
- Jump up^ X-Men: Curse of the Mutants – Smoke and Blood # 1
- Jump up^ X-Men Vol. 3 # 4
- Jump up^ X-Men Vol. 3 # 5