BPRD: Hollow Earth & Other Stories is the first trade paper collection in the BPRD series.
This was the first BPRD mini-series. Three issues long, it was written by Mike Mignola , Christopher Golden and Tom Sniegoski with art by Ryan Sook and Curtis Arnold . It was published from January to June 2002.    
Hellboy novelist Golden and his long-time writing partner Sniegoski wrote the story with regular input from Mignola. Mignola at a convention in Oakland, CA in 1995 and at a meeting in the United States. 
The story features Dr. Kate Corrigan , Abe Sapien , Roger the Homunculus , and newcomer Johann Kraus on a mission to rescue Liz Sherman . Hellboy also makes appearances via flashbacks. 
A newspaper-format promotional teaser for the titled BPRD series . It was published as three single-page Installments in Dark Horse Extra from November 2001 to February 2002, featuring the first appearance of Johann Kraus .
The Killer in My Skull
Originally published as a back-up feature in Hellboy: Box Full of Evil # 1 (September 1999 ).  Lobster Johnson, Mike Mignola, with pencils by Matthew Dow Smith and inks by Ryan Sook (in his first contribution to the series).
In the story Johnson and his sidekick investigate a series of bizarre deaths which appear to have been committed using telekinesis . 
Abe Sapien versus Science
Originally published in 1999 as back-up feature in Hellboy: Box Full of Evil # 2 (September 1999).  Abe Sapien made a solo appearance in this text by Mike Mignola and pencils by Matthew Dow Smith.
In the story Sapien rescues and reanimates Roger the homunculus when BPRD scientist Dr. Roddel threatens to dissect him just as 
Drums of the Dead
Originally published as the main feature in the one-shot Abe Sapien: Drums of the Dead (March 4, 1998 ) with the short story Hellboy Heads by Mike Mignola have the back up feature. 
Abe Sapien made by Brian McDonald with art by Derek Thompson.
Series editor Scott Allie had been in discussions with Brian McDonald about his next project after the success of Harry the Cop and the hellboy creator Mike Mignola had been using Derek Thompson on a Hellboy on this project. 
In the story weird deaths in the South Seas show an ancient tragedy linked to the transatlantic slave trade . 
All the stories have been collected on one trade paperback :
- BPRD: Hollow Earth & Other Stories
(120 pages, January 29, 2003, ISBN 978-1-56971-862-9 )
BPRD Omnibus Edition
The trade was later collected as part of the Plague of Frogs cycle in the BPRD Omnibus format, along with The Soul of Venice and Other Stories and Plague of Frogs . This format is available in both versions and paperback editions.
- BPRD Plague of Frogs – Volume 1
(408 pages, January 19, 2011, ISBN 978-1-59582-609-1 ) 
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d e f g Mignola, Mike (2006). BPRD Vol. 1: Hollow Earth and Other Stories . Dark Horse Comics.
- Jump up^ “Mike Mignola’s BPRD: Hollow Earth # 1 (of 3)” . Dark Horse Comics. Archived from the original on 22 February 2009 . Retrieved February 18, 2009 .
- Jump up^ “Mike Mignola’s BPRD: Hollow Earth # 2 (of 3)” . Dark Horse Comics . Retrieved February 18, 2009 .
- Jump up^ “Mike Mignola’s BPRD: Hollow Earth # 3 (of 3)” . Dark Horse Comics . Retrieved February 18, 2009 .
- Jump up^ “Hellboy: Box Full of Evil # 1 (of 2)” . Dark Horse Comics . Retrieved February 18, 2009 .
- Jump up^ “Hellboy: Box Full of Evil # 2 (of 2)” . Dark Horse Comics . Retrieved February 18, 2009 .
- Jump up^ “Sapien Abe: Drums of the Dead” . Dark Horse Comics. Archived from the original on 15 February 2009 . Retrieved February 18, 2009 .
- Jump up^ “BPRD Plague of Frogs – Volume 1” . DarkHorse.com.